Hair Loss Treatment
All About Hair Loss Treatment in Winchester
At Dr Victoria Clinic in Winchester, we have been performing PRP hair loss treatment for male and female patients experiencing hair loss. PRP is an effective non-surgical option for people requiring stimulation of hair growth for hair loss conditions such as male pattern baldness and alopecia.
Scientific studies have provided the medical community with new understandings of cell stimulation and tissue healing. It is now recognised that PRP is an effective all-natural procedure for scalp, skin, and hair stimulation.
While studies are slowing being published in the medical literature on the success of PRP, the hair restoration community remains cautious about making claims for hair restoration using exclusively PRP.
In a recent study published in Dermatologic Surgery, physicians in Korea published data supporting the clinical application of PRP in hair restoration.
How does PRP help with hair loss?
Human blood contains mesenchymal stem cells, and essential and specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has established itself to be effective as a medical treatment fields of oral surgery, neurosurgery, plastic and cosmetic surgery, sports medicine and orthopedics. It has been used successfully in these specialties for the last twenty years.
In the field of hair restoration, evidence supports PRP hair loss treatment as a promising option to promote hair growth.
PRP therapy offers the opportunity for hair growth for those wanting a more aggressive nonsurgical hair loss treatment. For our surgical patients PRP therapy is performed at the same day as the hair restoration surgery.
PRP specific cells that cause hair growth include:
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)—promotes blood vessel growth, cell replication, skin formation;
- Transforming Growth-Factor-Beta (TGF-b)—promotes growth of matrix between cells, bone metabolism;
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF)—promotes blood vessel formation;
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)—promotes cell growth and differentiation, blood vessel formation, collagen formation;
- Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 (FGF-2)—promotes growth of specialized cells and blood vessel formation; and,
- Insulin Like Growth Factor – (IGF)—a regulator of normal physiology in nearly every type of cell in the body
Call us today for a consultation for hair loss treatment on 01962 809937